Tuesday 18 February 2014

My league table of helpful school admissions teams

I was very interested to read @GoodSchoolsUK article about school admissions staff in The @Telegraph on Saturday. fw.to/OhbfFzR

As I speak to a considerable number of schools admissions teams on a daily basis on behalf of parents both in the UK and abroad, I did have a wry smile when I read the article. Sadly much of it was very familiar. 

However, on the other side of the coin, I thought I would perhaps take this opportunity to fly the flag for some of the admissions teams who I have always found to be very helpful and friendly, no matter how busy or rushed off their feet they are. Some are highly selective schools with many applications per place. Others are smaller schools who work very hard to recruit pupils. It seems whether a school is selective or recruiting, it is possible to maintain a welcoming face at the parent-facing front-line.

Here, in no particular order, are my top ten friendly schools admissions teams, from personal experience.
Blundell's School www.blundells.org
Windlesham House School www.windlesham.com
Sedbergh School www.sedberghschool.org
Bedford School www.bedfordschool.org.uk
Harrow School www.harrowschool.org.uk
Queenswood School www.queenswood.org
Royal Grammar School, High Wycombe www.rgshw.com
Queen Anne’s School www.qas.org.uk

To subscribe to our weekly Blog containing regular useful tips for parents to support their education choices, please click the link below

No comments:

Post a Comment