I had a truly fantastic visit to Bedford Girls’ School this week. Spending a morning observing girls engaged in a whole breadth of educational experiences from science experiments to food tech to hockey to I.T. reminded me of the distinct advantages of choosing a single sex school.
Here are my top 10 reasons to choose an all girls’ school for your daughter:
- A Head and teaching staff who are specialists in nurturing and inspiring girls to aim high and achieve more across a broad range of curriculum subjects.
- Teaching styles that are suited to girls, who are un-doubtedly wired differently to boys when it comes to learning.
- All investment in facilities and resources is tailor-made for girls.
- An absence of make-up and shortened skirts presents a tidy, business-like school environment with a clear focus on study rather than socialising skills.
- An ability to dip in and out of co-ed learning experiences through partnerships with local boys’ schools for school plays, CCF and through the extended curriculum.
- Careers advice which encourages girls to break stereotypes and explore all avenues including engineering, the sciences, medicine and entrepreneurship.
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and to experience role models in an environment where career aspirations are a priority.
- Girls with a tendency to be self-conscious or lack self-esteem are surrounded by opportunities to shine.
- Girls and boys mature at different rates so pastoral support can be tailor-made to suit the needs of individuals.
- Girls’ schools are not about equal opportunity, they’re about all opportunity.
For advice on choosing the right school for your daughter, please give our team of friendly, professional consultants a call on 01865 522066 or email email@example.com
For more information visit our website http://independenteducationconsultants.co.uk/choosing-a-school-age-5-7-11-13-or-16/